Thursday, December 16, 2010

I Hate the Name Fashionista

Franca Sozzani, editor of Vogue Italia recently appeared on ANTM Cycle 15 as a guest judge.  There was a major upgrade in prizes and challenges in this Cycle. Top fashion photographers, a trip to Italy and the chance at winning a spread in Vogue Italia and a cover and spread in Beauty in Vogue in addition to the traditional ANTM prizes. 
Franca Sozzani answered viewers question in a candid interview with CWTV. 
Here is one of the top fashion leaders of our time sharing her opinion on fashion, fashion bloggers, fashionistas and personal style.  Her answers may not be what you expect but I find find them to be refreshing and genuine and I am in 100% agreement.  Basically, she's a true modern fashion heroine.
Here is a rough transcript excerpt from the video interview. 

On Fashion Bloggers
What do you think of fashion bloggers? - Martin Kelbl
"I like fashion bloggers.. another step in the fashion world... it’s not that all of them are so interesting... but they made an easy and quick approach to fashion... it’s become that fashion is more affordable for everybody and I think that’s a good sign of our time."

On Personal Style
If you could choose one beauty staple and one clothing staple what would you choose and why? -Abbey Fearheiley Gatlin
"Today it’s all about your style..  a person should analyze how he/she is to see what makes her better and better doesn’t mean to look like somebody else... better for herself. The most important thing is not to copy anyone."

Do you think that you r a fashionista? - Haru Gon Choi
"Not at all, not at all - I hate the name fashionista and don’t want to be a fashionista.
Because fashionista for me is someone who follows fashion without their own identity.
I’m trying to have my own way to be and I never dress to show with the clothes off the show or I wanted to please the designers so I put their clothes... no. I choose what I want when I want and I feel completely free from any designers."

What is your personal style? - Russell Marcus
"I like to mix i don’t like to see recognizable label I don’t want to be a brand walking in the street so I prefer mix different kinds of labels together and I like something kind of elegance but not boring but with some small details I don’t want to be fashion like - hah, she works in fashion - I hate that."










No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog